Effective Date (Last Updated): [•], 2020
LIV North Inc. (“LIV North”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients, clients’ members, clients’ employees, clients’ tenants, users, and guests (“you”, “your”).
The purpose of this Policy is to describe to you our privacy practices, which includes the types of personal information we may collect, how we use and disclose your personal information, your rights, and our practices for maintaining and protecting your information.
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services. By accessing or using our Services, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the practices described in this Policy.
Know what you’re looking for? Click on the following links to go to a specific section of our Policy:
- What is Personal Information?
- Personal Information We Collect and How
- Personal Information of Children
- How and Why We Use The Personal Information We Collect
- Sharing Your Personal Information
- Transferring Your Personal Information
- Third-Party Sites
- Your Choices and Rights
- Security of Your Personal Information
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
- Changes to this Policy
- How to Contact Us
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. It includes information such as your name, address, date of birth, gender, financial information, as well as your opinions and preferences. [Personal information does not include de-identified, aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual.]
Personal Information We Collect and How
Information we may collect about you includes:
Identifiers: Such as your first and last name, telephone number, email address, physical address, date of birth, gender and employee number.
Profile Information: Such as your responses to our Get Active Questionnaire (which includes general questions on your health that you choose to disclose to us) or other health assessments, feedback and/or survey responses, submissions, data on your usage of our Services, emergency contact, communication preferences, and information from when you email or submit any online forms or call us and provide us with information.
Fitness and Health Services: When you enroll in fitness services, such as classes or personal training, we may collect additional information about you, such as information on your fitness level, body measurements, nutrition, health, training goals, progress, and usage. We do not collect or access information provided by you to massage therapists or other health practitioners (such as Acupuncturist, Naturopathic Doctor, Physiotherapist, etc.) in our Facilities, other than with respect to the scheduling and booking of appointments.
Transactional Information: Includes your payment and financial information (such as your credit/debit card information, and/or banking information) and information on the products and services that you have purchased or are subscribed to.
Video and Photographs: To protect the property and safety of our employees, members and others, our Facilities may collect video footage. We may also request that you provide a photograph when you become a member of our Facilities so that we can identify you.
Often, the information we collect is information that is provided by you, directly to us, such as when you sign up or use the Services or when you communicate or interact with us. Other times, LIV North may be contracted by employers to provide third party consulting and analysis of employer sponsored employee services and/or programs. In these cases, the types of personal information described above may be provided to us from a third party, such as your employer. Where possible in these circumstances, LIV North will take reasonable measures to ensure that the party disclosing your personal information has obtained your consent.
Automated Data Collection:
Sometimes, we may receive more personal information than is needed. We strongly encourage you not to provide us with information beyond that which is requested by us to provide you with our Services.
Personal Information of Children
We only collect personal information of children that is necessary for use of our Facilities and with the express consent of a parent or guardian. Our Sites are not directed to children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information of children under the age of 18 on our Sites.
If we become aware that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 18, without express consent from their parent or guardian, we will delete such personal information. If you discover or believe your child under the age of 18 has provided us his or her personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How and Why We Use The Personal Information We Collect
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with our Services, including accessing our Facilities and Sites;
- Personalize your experience when you use our Services;
- Assist us with providing you a positive and secure experience;
- Process your purchases of, products, or subscriptions to, any of our Services;
- Communicate with you about new products or services, updates about our Facilities or Sites, notifications about upcoming classes or appointments that you have signed up for, or to provide you with information such as when you make a request;
- Provide you with customer support services;
- Improve your experience, our customer service, our Services, and our marketing initiatives;
- Fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected;
- Perform analytics and monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Manage our business and for any other legitimate business interests;
- Identify and protect against fraud and other criminal activities;
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We only share your personal information when we have a legitimate business reason to do so. We do not sell any of your personal information to other parties. We may share your information with:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries in order to provide you a seamless experience when accessing our Services;
- To third parties, including service providers we rely on to host our Sites, facilitate payments, and operate our Facilities. We only permit third parties to process your personal information for specified purposes in accordance with this Policy and we require third parties to have appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal information;
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our members or guests; and
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your consent.
Transferring Your Personal Information
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, such as the United States, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian laws. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this Policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
Our Sites may contain links to other websites not controlled by us, or other websites not controlled by us may reference or link to our Sites. Users should read the privacy policies of every website they interact with. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and visiting these other websites is at your own risk.
Our Sites may contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Sites.
As mentioned earlier, our Sites use automated collection technologies. These technologies may include:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
Your Choices and Rights
Ensuring your personal information is accurate and current is important to us, and we respect the rights you have regarding your personal information. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information and to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you;
- Request a correction of your personal information in the event we hold incomplete or inaccurate information about you;
- Unsubscribe from our email communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in our emails;
- Withdraw your consent at any time, however, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdrew your consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with all of our Services. If this is the case, we will let you know at the time you withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please feel free to contact us.
When making a request, we may require information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to a person who does not have a right to receive it. If you are not able to provide proof of your identity, we reserve the right to refuse to send you any personal information.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests in a reasonable time frame, however, it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests.
Security of Your Personal Information
Keeping your personal information secure is very important to us. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information and to prevent your information from being accidentally lost, used, disclosed, altered or accessed in an unauthorized way. LIV North staff are required to sign a confidentiality agreement within which details LIV North’s expectation that staff will respect and safeguard personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information; any personal information provided is at your own risk.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We generally keep information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for. We will also retain information as necessary to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. LIV North maintains a records retention policy which has been developed to be consistent with industry standards.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time by posting a revised version. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. We will give you reasonable notice of any material change. If you continue to use our Services after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes. We recommend that you review this Policy regularly.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices described herein, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Attention: Privacy Officer
LIV North Inc.
7115 Tomken Road
(416) 665-9657 | Toll Free: 1 (877) 348-4111
If after contacting us you do not feel that we have adequately addressed your concerns, you may contact:
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada